Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hey everyone!! We have arrived in Gilbert, Arizona!! It's beautiful and hot here but we love it and have enjoyed our first several days here. Our home is very nice ( much newer than our home in Utah..) and what's the best is we have a beautiful pool!! It's been so fun to just go out anytime day or night and take a dip in the pool. Our camera got broken at Mallory's dance recital at the end of May, so I haven't taken any pictures in awhile. But I am going to buy a little camera today and hopefully I will have time to upload a few shots of the house before we head out to Palm Springs this weekend. Jenny and I and our families as well as 2 of our cousins and their families got a screamin' deal at a beautiful resort there in the palm desert. Yes, it will be hot like here, but we are planning to hang out and shop and sleep and read and play games and swim etc! Should be a blast.

We attended our new ward this past Sunday. It went so well. I was a little apprehensive.. needless to say.. but it went amazingly well and we had such an incredible reception. So many people came up and introduced themselves to us, knew our names, the kids names etc. It was just overwhelming! We have already hung out with new friends and had a swimming day together yesterday. So fun! I am also really taking advantage of the lack of schedule in my life. Once I got the kitchen and main living areas organized and unpacked, I have been just chillin' out and sleeping in and taking it easy. It has been so great!! I was so ready for some R&R !!

Thanks so much to all who came and helped and made an effort to say goodbye. It was so grueling to have to watch the kids say goodbye to friends and cousins and others. I thought I might die on Saturday night... SO many tears and what felt like a broken heart! But I have recovered and we will all be fine. I feel so strongly, especially now that we are here, that this is the right place for us now. I don't quite know why, and may never know, but it feels right and good. I am excited for what the future will bring. We are so blessed and so grateful for God's great mercy and grace.

Love to you all, my friends!!

2 comments:

pamelasue said...

What a beautiful blog! I am so glad you are doing well. Love ya.

Karen said...

So happy that you are feeling at peace with things. It's been a long time coming! Enjoy settling into your new life.